VHV Company, a mechanical contractor with headquarters in Chittenden County Vermont, is looking for motivated self-starters who want to become part of our growing organization. Candidates must possess great work ethics, quality craftsmanship and a clear understanding that safety comes first.
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to the assembly, preparation, and welding of metal, aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron and other alloys in the fabrication of piping systems, racks and various other items required to support the mechanical projects being performed.
- Proficiency in all forms of welding techniques and materials used including aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron and other alloys.
- Experience in the reading and interpretation of drawings and sketches for items to be fabricated.
- Proficiency in development of hand developed sketches/drawings necessary to perform shop fabrication from information provided by field personnel.
- Proficiency in the set up and operation of hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Layout, position, align and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron and other alloys.
- Proficient in the selection and use of torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux according to welding chart specifications and types and thicknesses of metals.
- VHV offers competitive wages, including wage adjustments every 6 months for those employees who are learning the trade.
VHV offers industry-leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training
Equal Opportunity Employer
VHV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.