Sheet Metal Installer
Vermont/New Hampshire Region
Positions are for White River, West Lebanon, and Northern/Central Vermont Area, as well as Rutland and Chittenden County areas.
VHV Company, a mechanical contractor with headquarters in Chittenden County Vermont, is looking for motivated self-starters who want to become part of our growing organization. Candidates must possess great work ethics, quality craftsmanship and a clear understanding that safety comes first. All positions require travel and the ability to stay out of town overnight as needed.
Install heating, ventilating, air conditioning duct work and related systems in industrial and commercial applications, in accordance with industry standards.
- Organize required tools and materials in preparation of installation.
- Install sheet metal assemblies in plants or work sites according to blueprint specifications using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Inspect sheet metal assemblies and installations for conformance with required specifications by using measuring instruments and reference material.
- Use various anchor systems to hold ductwork in place.
- Keep work area clean to maximize efficiency, safety and professionalism.
- Entry Level Sheet Metal– No experience
- Sheet Metal Workers with minimum 2 – 3 years of hands on field experience.
- Lead Sheet Metal Workers with a minimum 4 – 6 years of hands on field experience.
- Experienced Sheet Metal Foreman with 6 – 10 years’ experience supervising.
- VHV is proud to announce that we offer a four-year apprenticeship program for sheet metal. Come earn as you learn and receive a NCCER four-year journeyman’s card that is recognized throughout the country.
- VHV offers competitive wages, including wage adjustments every 6 months for those employees who are learning the trade and enrolled in our apprenticeship program.
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training