Service Operations Manager
VHV Company is a full-service mechanical construction contractor specializing in the installation of high-quality plumbing, piping, and air systems for the commercial, industrial, and institutional markets. Our main office is located in Winooski, Vermont with additional offices in Littleton and West Lebanon, NH..
As an HVAC Service Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations of the service technicians. Your primary objective will be to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of HVAC services to clients while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction, productivity, and profitability. You will be responsible for leading a team of HVAC technicians, coordinating schedules, managing resources, and ensuring compliance with industry regulations and company policies.
- Team Leadership:
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to a team of HVAC technicians, fostering a positive work environment and promoting a culture of excellence and accountability.
- Set performance goals, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance evaluations for team members.
- Develop and implement training programs to enhance technical skills and knowledge of the team.
- Operational Management:
- Oversee the daily operations of the service technicians, ensuring timely and efficient completion of service requests, installations, repairs, and maintenance tasks.
- Coordinate and schedule HVAC technicians to optimize productivity, meet customer demands, and minimize response times.
- Implement and enforce safety protocols and best practices to maintain a safe working environment.
- Customer Satisfaction:
- Maintain a strong focus on customer satisfaction by ensuring prompt and professional service delivery, resolving customer complaints, and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Collaborate with the sales team to provide technical expertise and support during the sales process, including estimating project costs and developing service proposals.
- Compliance and Quality Assurance:
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and codes, including safety regulations, environmental guidelines, and licensing requirements.
- Implement quality assurance processes to maintain high service standards and ensure the delivery of reliable and efficient HVAC solutions.
Competencies – Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, business administration, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in HVAC service management, including leadership and team management responsibilities.
- Strong technical knowledge of HVAC systems, equipment, and components.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with relevant industry regulations and standards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% – 100%) of the workday
- Ability to travel
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate effectively with customers and team members
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to see well (either naturally or with correction)
- Use hands, fingers, and arms, to safely data entry
- Lift and carry office supplies or accounting boxes weighing 25 lbs or more
- Climb up and down stairs
- Kneel and crouch
VHV offers industry-leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training
Equal Opportunity Employer
VHV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.