Service CoordinatorApply Now
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. (½ hour lunch)
The Service Coordinator reports directly to the Service Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule service technicians on a daily basis to meet the requirements of all VHV customers.
- Support technicians and apprentices with service history information, technical assistance and/or procuring material when possible.
- Take incoming telephone requests for service and schedule calls in a timely manner.
- Assist customers over the phone in perhaps rectifying or further identifying their comfort or mechanical issue.
- Generate and verify accuracy of monthly service contract inspection work orders.
- Assign preventative maintenance inspections to the appropriate technicians and apprentices. Schedule when required. Monitor to ensure inspections are being performed as per the maintenance agreement and in accordance with the allotted hours.
- Input service calls and create work orders when required in Spectrum, and complete/ close the work order when the job is finished.
- Continually look for areas of improvement within the department, and make suggestions to the Service Manager.
- Adapt to the specific needs of customers and their facilities (safety training, security clearance, parking requirements, etc.)
It is extremely important to keep in mind that our goal is to provide all of our customers with timely, effective service on their request, and to make a profit in the process. The following duties must be part of your daily duties:
- All requests for service must be accepted in Spectrum and responded to in accordance with the customer’s requirements. As a rule, all service requests received prior to 2:00pm should be serviced that same day.
- Review each incoming service work order for accuracy and status (potential follow-up, etc.).
- All questionable first-time customers (i.e. restaurants, small retail, etc.) should be serviced on a C.O.D. basis until good payment history has been established.
- All service technicians and apprentices are to be dispatched and scheduled at the end of the day for the following morning.
- Constantly re-prioritize jobs.
- All preventative maintenance inspections to be performed in a timely manner during the period they are scheduled (Seasonal start-ups an exception when weather plays a role).
- Tracking of maintenance hours to be performed on a daily basis with any cost overrides to be brought to the attention of the Service Operations Manager. Service technicians are to be aware at the start of the maintenance inspection how much time is allotted.
- Weekly review of each technician’s weekly “Dispatch Report” to assure that all work orders and repairs are completed as soon as possible.
- Monitoring and control of two-man jobs to make sure that we utilize additional manpower only when warranted. Use of an apprentice when possible.
- Ensure apprentices are performing filter changes/minor inspections, when possible.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Service Operations Manager.
Please download and complete this form to be considered. Upload the completed form with the rest of your application below.
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training