The responsibility of the Project Manager is to oversee work in progress for jobs assigned to him/her and to ensure that it is completed on time and on budget or exceed estimate.
- Complete project by contract deadline.
- Manage project budget to meet or exceed estimated cost.
- Meet or exceed productivity and quality while making sure field crew are following VHV’s safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Establish rapport with customer, general contractor, co-workers and subcontractors.
- Enforce company policies.
- Review and understand project scope of work, blueprints, building codes, and specifications to determine work details.
- Read, understand and submit submittals for project.
- Work with Project Foreman to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower, tools and other resources.
- Review weekly labor analyses to make sure project stays on schedule and in budget.
- Serve as coach and mentor to Project Foreman. Motivate the crew and maintain high employee morale.
- Properly disciplines employees when necessary and reports warnings to HR Department.
- Ensure vendors or subcontractors are handling project items, punch lists and schedule so they do not have a negative impact on project.
- Create goodwill with customer. Listens to customer concerns and goes above and beyond to assist meeting their needs.
- Creates and maintains a diversified work environment that is harassment free which is in compliance with VHV’s company policy and State and Federal regulations.
- Manage manpower to meet or exceed budget.
- Do not over purchase miscellaneous material to ensure minimal leftover materials by end of project.
- Understand base contract versus below the line (change orders). Must be able to identify when scope of work is outside the base contract.
- Coordinate material and equipment delivery with project team.
- Attend all job site and office meetings related to assigned projects (i.e. turnover meeting, GC meetings, closeout meetings).
- Fill out all forms and requests for tools/equipment/material that are required for project.
- Submit weekly timecards to accounting no later than every Monday morning (7:30).
- Participate in employee evaluations and provide timely feedback to employee.
- Generate punch list at end of project.
- Understand and report all issues or concerns that may fall under VHV’s harassment policy.
- Create a team environment to meet or exceed VHV’s project schedule and to a high standard of quality.
- Make sure work is thorough and accurate.
- Start each day with a site walk to determine any safety hazards and report to Safety Coordinator.
- Understand proper safety equipment uses.
- Wear and maintain all required safety equipment at all times.
- Create a team environment to meet or exceed VHV’s safety program.
- Make sure job site is neat and orderly to avoid possible safety hazards.
Competency(knowledge,skills and abilities):
- Manages and resolves conflicts constructively.
- Be a coach and mentor/trainer to laborers, apprentice plumbers and journeyman.
- Strong practical problem solving skills.
- Working in conformance with all company, customer, and government safety regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical specifications, architectural drawings, documentation and electrical diagrams.
- Ensure all applicable codes and standards are being met in regards to installation.
- Ability to recognize and report all unsafe working conditions.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of mechanical constructions systems.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and ability to read and use various measuring devices.
- Knowledge of relevant safety equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to meet VOSHA and OSHA standards. Must be able to determine safety hazards on site.
- 5+ plus years experience in mechanical and HVAC industry running large scale projects.
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training