Project Administrative Assistant
VHV Company is a full-service mechanical construction contractor specializing in the installation of high-quality plumbing, piping and air systems for the commercial, industrial, and institutional markets. Our main office is located in Winooski, Vermont and we work in Vermont and New Hampshire.
- Perform routine administrative functions for PM Assistants or PMs both in the office or on jobsites.
- Create correspondence as requested.
- Run job specific reports.
- Gather and prepare operation and maintenance manuals according to the specifications.
- Create PCO’s.
- Create RFI’s.
- Issue subcontracts.
- Issue purchase orders.
- Execute change orders.
- Organize and maintain tracking system for projects.
- Review project specifications, drawings and estimates.
- Cover front desk for receptionist as needed.
- Attention to detail.
- Capacity for analyzing information.
- Good data entry skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work is complete and thorough.
- Have general math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must keep project data/paperwork organized.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills using all Microsoft applications, Adobe and Bluebeam.
- Ability to review and understand policies and procedures.
- Business process improvement experience.
- Problem solving ability, analytical and numeracy skills.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, construction drawings and Project documentation.
- Ability to be flexible as work conditions change.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% – 100%) of the workday;
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to see well (either naturally or with correction);
- Use hands, fingers, and arms, to safely enter data;
- Lift and carry office supplies or accounting boxes weighing 25 lbs or more;
- Climb up and down stairs;
- Use hands, fingers, and arms, to safely enter data.
- Kneel, and crouch.
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training