Project Administrative Assistant
VHV Company is a full-service mechanical construction contractor specializing in the installation of high-quality plumbing, piping and air systems for the commercial, industrial, and institutional markets. Our main office is located in Winooski, Vermont and we work in Vermont and New Hampshire.
- Perform routine administrative functions for PM Assistants or PMs both in the office or on jobsites.
- Create correspondence as requested.
- Run job specific reports.
- Gather and prepare operation and maintenance manuals according to the specifications.
- Create PCO’s.
- Create RFI’s.
- Issue subcontracts.
- Issue purchase orders.
- Execute change orders.
- Organize and maintain tracking system for projects.
- Review project specifications, drawings and estimates.
- Cover front desk for receptionist as needed.
- Attention to detail.
- Capacity for analyzing information.
- Good data entry skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work is complete and thorough.
- Have general math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must keep project data/paperwork organized.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills using all Microsoft applications, Adobe and Bluebeam.
- Ability to review and understand policies and procedures.
- Business process improvement experience.
- Problem solving ability, analytical and numeracy skills.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, construction drawings and Project documentation.
- Ability to be flexible as work conditions change.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% – 100%) of the workday;
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to see well (either naturally or with correction);
- Use hands, fingers, and arms, to safely enter data;
- Lift and carry office supplies or accounting boxes weighing 25 lbs or more;
- Climb up and down stairs;
- Use hands, fingers, and arms, to safely enter data.
- Kneel, and crouch.
VHV offers industry-leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training
Equal Opportunity Employer
VHV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.