Vermont/West Leb, NH Area
Positions are for the White River, West Lebanon and Northern Vermont area. VHV Company, a mechanical contractor with headquarters in Chittenden County Vermont, is looking for motivated self-starters who want to become part of our growing organization. Candidates must possess great work ethics, quality craftsmanship and a clear understanding that safety comes first. All positions require travel and the ability to stay out of town overnight as needed.
VHV is willing to provide a $2,500 sign-on bonus for the right candidate with proven experience.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers or water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- May direct helpers, per Foreman’s request engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation of plumbing systems.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers or levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
- Review blueprints, building codes, or specifications to determine work details or procedures.
- Use various anchor systems to hold pipes in place.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with required specifications by using measuring instruments and reference material.
- Have the ability to coordinate with other trades.
- Work in a team environment to meet or exceed VHV’s safety program, productivity to meet project schedule and to a high standard of quality.
- Wear and maintain all required safety equipment at all times.
- Entry Level Plumber Apprentice – No experience
- Plumber with minimum 2 – 3 years of hands on field experience
- Lead Plumbers with a minimum 4 – 6 years of hands on experience in the field.
- Experienced Plumbing Foreman with 6 – 10 years’ experience supervising.
- VHV is proud to announce that we offer a four-year plumbing apprenticeship program. You may also continue your training by enrolling in our four-year NCCER pipefitting apprenticeship program.
- VHV offers competitive wages, including wage adjustments every 6 months for those employees who are learning the trade.
Please download and complete this form to be considered. Upload the completed form with the rest of your application below.
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training