Vermont/West Leb, NH Area
Positions are for the White River, West Lebanon and Northern Vermont area. VHV Company, a mechanical contractor with headquarters in Chittenden County Vermont, is looking for motivated self-starters who want to become part of our growing organization. Candidates must possess great work ethics, quality craftsmanship and a clear understanding that safety comes first. All positions require travel and the ability to stay out of town overnight as needed.
VHV is willing to provide up to a $5,000 sign on bonus for the right candidate with proven experience.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers or water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- May direct helpers, per Foreman’s request engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation of plumbing systems.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers or levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
- Review blueprints, building codes, or specifications to determine work details or procedures.
- Use various anchor systems to hold pipes in place.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with required specifications by using measuring instruments and reference material.
- Have the ability to coordinate with other trades.
- Work in a team environment to meet or exceed VHV’s safety program, productivity to meet project schedule and to a high standard of quality.
- Wear and maintain all required safety equipment at all times.
- Entry Level Plumber Apprentice – No experience
- Plumber with minimum 2 – 3 years of hands on field experience
- Lead Plumbers with a minimum 4 – 6 years of hands on experience in the field.
- Experienced Plumbing Foreman with 6 – 10 years’ experience supervising.
- VHV is proud to announce that we offer a four-year plumbing apprenticeship program. You may also continue your training by enrolling in our four-year NCCER pipefitting apprenticeship program.
- VHV offers competitive wages, including wage adjustments every 6 months for those employees who are learning the trade.
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training