VHV Company, a mechanical contractor with headquarters in Chittenden County Vermont, is looking for motivated self-starters who want to become part of our growing organization. Candidates must possess great work ethics, quality craftsmanship and a clear understanding that safety comes first.
Educational and experience requirements include: 4-year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience. 2-5 years estimating, controls and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction. Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential. Must consistently utilize strong skills in effective communication. Excellent organizational skills vital.
Prepare portions of contract proposal estimates for one or more disciplines, including the determination of applicable project plans and specifications. Disciplines include sheet metal, piping, and plumbing.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare quotes from vendors and subcontractors.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Support other department personnel as required – may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
- May review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- VHV offers competitive wages, including wage adjustments every 6 months for those employees who are learning the trade.
VHV offers industry-leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training
Equal Opportunity Employer
VHV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.