VHV Company, a mechanical contractor with headquarters in Chittenden County Vermont, is looking for motivated self-starters who want to become part of our growing organization. Candidates must possess great work ethics, quality craftsmanship and a clear understanding that safety comes first.
Candidates should have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in mechanical engineering, have a knowledge in all aspects of HVAC, plumbing, capable of performing building system field surveys, code review and design/layout of plumbing and HVAC systems for commercial applications. This candidate should also understand equipment selection and control system sequences of operation and construction administration services. Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD preferred. Candidate shall have excellent communication skills and thrive in a team environment.
- Developing detailed mechanical designs from field input.
- Developing steam, chilled water, hot water and plumbing designs from conception.
- Reviewing and verifying adequacy of designs and drawings generated by others.
- Producing construction specifications for all trades.
- Sizing and selecting mechanical equipment.
- Running heat loss/gain calculations.
- Training engineering technicians in good engineering practices.
- Scheduling engineering projects with the engineering team.
- Developing sales proposals with system descriptions and drawings.
- Maintaining and promoting continual improvement in drawing quality.
- Estimating, monitoring & maintaining engineering / drafting costs.
- Providing engineering support to all company departments.
- Maintaining an accurate and efficient filing system.
- Reviewing Shop Drawings and ensuring accuracy.
- VHV offers competitive wages, including wage adjustments every 6 months for those employees who are learning the trade.
VHV offers industry-leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training
Equal Opportunity Employer
VHV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.