Construction Operations Manager
VHV is seeking a Construction Operations Manager with a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing mechanical construction projects and construction teams.
Directly Manage the following positions:
- Project Managers
- PM Assistants
- Field Foremen
- Labor Coordinator
- Shop Foremen (Sheet Metal & Piping)
- Ensure Project Managers are pro-actively managing their projects. Be sounding board for Project Managers and intervene when necessary.
- Continuous refinement of department policies and procedures to increase efficiencies.
- Assign new projects to Project Manager and Foremen.
- Work closely with Labor Coordinator to manage labor projections and assignments of field personnel.
- Overall management of pipe prefabrication and sheet metal shop.
- Review and understand project scope of work, blueprints, building codes and specifications.
- Work with project teams to ensure projects meet or exceed estimated cost and by contract deadline.
- Manage and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Coach and mentor Foremen and field staff.
- Knowledge of VOSHA and OSHA standards. Must be able to determine safety hazards on site.
- Communicate and interact with co-workers, fellow craftspeople and customers in a dignified, respectful and professional manner at all times.
Liaison Between Construction Operations and All Other Departments
- Be aware of project pipeline and make sure a balance is maintained between projects and workforce.
- Provide estimators feedback on required updates and improvements in their estimating process so costs more accurately reflect reality.
- Ensure estimating is facilitating smooth turnover on projects to operations.
- Work with engineering to ensure smooth transition of design build projects (i.e. turnover packages, timely design information to operations, coordination drawing support, etc.).
Administration and Finance
- Work with administration and finance to continuously improve items that affect construction operations (i.e. billing procedures, job cost oversight, contract management, spectrum efficiencies, policy changes, etc.).
- Work with safety coordinator to ensure field compliance with safety policies.
- Get involved in employee discipline when necessary.
- Work with HR to ensure annual evaluations are completed.
- Review employee licenses and certification to ensure our field crews have proper credentials to perform their jobs.
- Work with service manager to continuously improve the working relationship between construction and service.
- Management of vehicle fleet for both construction and service
- Serve on the management team
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training