Construction Operations ManagerApply Now
VHV is seeking a Construction Operations Manager with a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing mechanical construction projects and construction teams.
Directly Manage the following positions:
- Project Managers
- PM Assistants
- Field Foremen
- Labor Coordinator
- Shop Foremen (Sheet Metal & Piping)
- Ensure Project Managers are pro-actively managing their projects. Be sounding board for Project Managers and intervene when necessary.
- Continuous refinement of department policies and procedures to increase efficiencies.
- Assign new projects to Project Manager and Foremen.
- Work closely with Labor Coordinator to manage labor projections and assignments of field personnel.
- Overall management of pipe prefabrication and sheet metal shop.
- Review and understand project scope of work, blueprints, building codes and specifications.
- Work with project teams to ensure projects meet or exceed estimated cost and by contract deadline.
- Manage and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Coach and mentor Foremen and field staff.
- Knowledge of VOSHA and OSHA standards. Must be able to determine safety hazards on site.
- Communicate and interact with co-workers, fellow craftspeople and customers in a dignified, respectful and professional manner at all times.
Liaison Between Construction Operations and All Other Departments
- Be aware of project pipeline and make sure a balance is maintained between projects and workforce.
- Provide estimators feedback on required updates and improvements in their estimating process so costs more accurately reflect reality.
- Ensure estimating is facilitating smooth turnover on projects to operations.
- Work with engineering to ensure smooth transition of design build projects (i.e. turnover packages, timely design information to operations, coordination drawing support, etc.).
Administration and Finance
- Work with administration and finance to continuously improve items that affect construction operations (i.e. billing procedures, job cost oversight, contract management, spectrum efficiencies, policy changes, etc.).
- Work with safety coordinator to ensure field compliance with safety policies.
- Get involved in employee discipline when necessary.
- Work with HR to ensure annual evaluations are completed.
- Review employee licenses and certification to ensure our field crews have proper credentials to perform their jobs.
- Work with service manager to continuously improve the working relationship between construction and service.
- Management of vehicle fleet for both construction and service
- Serve on the management team
Please download and complete this form to be considered. Upload the completed form with the rest of your application below.
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training