VHV Company, a mechanical contractor with headquarters in Chittenden County Vermont, is looking for motivated self-starters who want to become part of our growing organization. Apprentice candidates must possess great work ethics, quality craftsmanship and a clear understanding that safety comes first. Classes for the 23’-24’ school year begin in the fall, but apprentices can start employment with VHV prior to that.
The Plumbing/Pipe Fitting Apprentice will install and/or replace plumbing/piping and related systems in industrial and commercial applications as directed and in accordance with industry standards and local and State codes.
This position will receive on the job training from experienced Journeyman on the numerous procedures used in the installation of plumbing, piping and equipment relating to HVAC and mechanical applications in new or existing buildings across a wide variety of construction.
Apprentices will develop the knowledge and ability to competently perform the following:
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to established VHV productivity and quality standards.
- Assemble and install equipment, fixtures, pipe sections, tubing and fittings using a variety of industry recognized methods with the use of hand or power tools.
- Pressure testing of assembled systems using gauges and different mediums to detect and locate leaks.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, penetrations, or fixtures in structures, using a variety of measuring instruments and techniques.
- Measure, cut, or thread pipe using hand or power tools such as pipe cutters, or pipe threading machines.
- Review blueprints, building codes, or specifications to determine work details or procedures.
- Work in a team environment
- Wear and always maintain all required safety equipment (PPE).
- VHV offers competitive wages, including wage adjustments every 6 months for those employees who are learning the trade.
VHV offers industry-leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training
Equal Opportunity Employer
VHV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.