Oversee the accounting department by supervising and approving financial processes, reporting and reconciling. You will also supervise accounting, payroll and front desk staff individuals and report to Cheri DeForge.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in the recruiting, hiring, and training new accounting employees; oversee employee schedules and review accounting/front desk staff.
- Assist and oversee the payroll, accounts payable and receivable processes.
- Verify accounts payables payments amounts against invoices.
- Responsible for Construction billings and A/R collections.
- Keep sensitive information confidential and follow internal measures for financial security.
- Identify ways to streamline accounting operations and ways to improve the department.
- Maximize vendor discounts, including tracking discount invoices and negotiating new discounts.
- Reconcile credit card statements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in accounting or a related field such as finance, and/or past work experience.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Ability to explain financial data in clear, straightforward language.
- Deep knowledge of accounting software.
- Handle pressure well, especially when preparing quarterly and annual reports.
- Innate sense of integrity and ethics.
VHV offers industry-leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training
Equal Opportunity Employer
VHV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.