Mechanical Project ManagerApply Now
At VHV, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in continuous training and offer four-year apprenticeship programs from NCCER where employees earn nationally recognized journeyman credentials. We offer a 401k plan with company match and as a proud employee owned company (ESOP), employees earn cash and stock no matter what position you are hired for.
The responsibility of the Project Manager is to oversee work in progress for jobs assigned to him/her and to ensure that it is completed on time and on budget or exceed estimate.
- Complete project by contract deadline.
- Manage project budget to meet or exceed estimated cost.
- Meet or exceed productivity and quality while making sure field crew are following VHV’s safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Establish rapport with customer, general contractor, co-workers and subcontractors.
- Enforce company policies.
- Review and understand project scope of work, blueprints, building codes, and specifications to determine work details.
- Read, understand and submit submittals for project.
- Work with Project Foreman to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower, tools and other resources.
- Review weekly labor analyses to make sure project stays on schedule and in budget.
- Serve as coach and mentor to Project Foreman. Motivate the crew and maintain high employee morale.
- Properly disciplines employees when necessary and reports warnings to HR Department.
- Ensure vendors or subcontractors are handling project items, punch lists and schedule so they do not have a negative impact on project.
- Create goodwill with customer. Listens to customer concerns and goes above and beyond to assist meeting their needs.
- Creates and maintains a diversified work environment that is harassment free which is in compliance with VHV’s company policy and State and Federal regulations.
- Manage manpower to meet or exceed budget.
- Do not over purchase miscellaneous material to ensure minimal leftover materials by end of project.
- Understand base contract versus below the line (change orders). Must be able to identify when scope of work is outside the base contract.
- Coordinate material and equipment delivery with project team.
- Attend all job site and office meetings related to assigned projects (i.e. turnover meeting, GC meetings, closeout meetings).
- Fill out all forms and requests for tools/equipment/material that are required for project.
- Submit weekly timecards to accounting no later than every Monday morning (7:30).
- Participate in employee evaluations and provide timely feedback to employee.
- Generate punch list at end of project.
- Understand and report all issues or concerns that may fall under VHV’s harassment policy.
- Create a team environment to meet or exceed VHV’s project schedule and to a high standard of quality.
- Make sure work is thorough and accurate.
- Start each day with a site walk to determine any safety hazards and report to Safety Officer.
- Understand proper safety equipment uses.
- Wear and maintain all required safety equipment at all times.
- Create a team environment to meet or exceed VHV’s safety program.
- Make sure job site is neat and orderly to avoid possible safety hazards.
Competency (knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Manage and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Be a coach and mentor/trainer to laborers, apprentice plumbers and journeymen.
- Strong practical problem-solving skills.
- Working in conformance with all company, customer, and government safety regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical specifications, architectural drawings, documentation and electrical diagrams.
- Ensure all applicable codes and standards are being met in regard to installation.
- Ability to recognize and report all unsafe working conditions.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of mechanical constructions systems.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and ability to read and use various measuring devices.
- Knowledge of relevant safety equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to meet VOSHA and OSHA standards. Must be able to determine safety hazards on site.
- 5+ plus years experience in mechanical and HVAC industry running large scale projects.
Please download and complete this form to be considered. Upload the completed form with the rest of your application below.
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training