Human Resources Manager
At the VHV Company, everyone works for one another. VHV is 100% employee-owned, which means the organization is made up of many owners, but more importantly, one collaborative team. When you join VHV, you work for a family-oriented company that is invested in people, teamwork, integrity, continuous improvement, and safety. You also work for a nationally recognized mechanical contractor that provides highly innovative solutions for customers. Providing that level of service for over 70 years has earned VHV a reputation for superior quality throughout the Northeast.
VHV is looking for a strategic-minded Human Resources Manager who is eager to partner with leaders on initiatives to take the culture and employee experience to the next level. The next Human Resources Manager must have the drive to champion career development initiatives while collaborating with managers and teams throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will not shy away from rolling up his/her sleeves to provide support where it is needed, whether it is addressing questions about benefits, providing guidance regarding compliance, or resolving conflict. The position works closely with an HR generalist and the accounting team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a business partner for leadership and teams in the Winooski, Vermont office in addition to field personnel throughout the state and region to promote a culture that values collaboration and the employee-owner. Communicates and reinforces the VHS vision, values, and goals to all personnel.
- Assesses the needs of the organization to tailor the techniques and methods used for training to align with current and future organizational goals. Oversees and manages the company’s NCCER apprenticeship program.
- Collaborates with executive management on developing and implementing strategic HR initiatives. Advises leaders on HR-related matters.
- Conducts project site visits to develop relationships, orchestrate educational offerings and culture-building programs, and resolve employee relations matterss.
- Plans proactively to meet the specific talent needs of each area of expertise by working closely with managers and teams to understand their unique skillsets and staffing requirements.
- Welcomes new hires into the organization by introducing them to the core values on Day One. Ensures all new hires have everything needed to have great experience including benefit information, key introductions, and an engaging company overview.
- Represents VHV at job fairs and develops relationships to strengthen the talent pipeline for future recruiting efforts. Utilizes talent sourcing tools and techniques to identify and engage prospective candidates.
- Partners with managers to have insightful 30-day, 6 month and yearly performance evaluations that also promote career and organizational goals.
- Oversees the total rewards package including ESOP accounts and works closely with leadership on benefits and compensation planning. Leads education efforts to ensure employees throughout the organization fully understand and utilize their benefits including opportunities for employee ownership.
- Complies with laws, regulations, and policies while also proactively educating stakeholders to identify, mitigate, and respond to organizational risk. Monitors OSHA, EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, ERISA and HIPPA.
- Manages social media posts to align with talent acquisition strategies and goals for promoting the innovative potential of the organization. Maintains HR sections of VHV website.
- Works with department managers regarding involuntary terminations to ensure proper documentation is maintained.
- Creates and maintains job descriptions for all positions.
- Works closely with the HR generalist and accounting team to ensure employee needs are addressed promptly.
- Communicates and reinforces the VHV vision, values, and goals to all personnel.
- Plans, develops, and chairs the VHV Wellness Committee. Prepares annual calendar of wellness initiatives and works with wellness committee, wellness consultant, insurance carriers and community partners to implement programs offered to employees.
- Performs additional assignments as directed by the executive members
Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree in business, HR, or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of progressive experience in HR.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with leaders at all levels to develop and implement HR and organizational initiatives.
- Experience/knowledge of corporate objectives, policies, procedures, and standards plus thorough understanding of their impact on the corporation.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of all facets of labor relations, personnel management, and federal regulations is essential. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills vital.
- SHRM or HRCI credential preferred.
- Construction and ESOP experience are a plus.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide cross section of individuals.
VHV offers industry leading pay. Benefits packages include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan, with Company Match
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP)
- Ongoing Employee Training